Corrosion Resistant Disc Springs (Spring Washers)
Corrosion Resistant Materials
A belleville disc spring material with a high nickel alloy content is considered corrosion-resistant due to the austenitic crystal lattice in its original state. The corrosion resistant material is unable to be martempered or austempered like standard disc spring materials. The mixed crystal formation provides the strength in corrosion resistant disc spring material, along with cold working during rolling (see DIN 17 224) and precipitation hardening (X 7 CrNiAl 17 7). The maximum disc spring material thickness has narrow limits set due to the certain degree of cold working the material. In addition, the strength acquired by cold rolling is lost at temperatures above + 200 °C, but use of corrosion resistant disc spring materials at extremely low temperatures is achievable.
- X 12 CrNi 17 7 (DIN 1.4310)
- X 12 CrNi 17 7 to DIN 17 224 is a chrome-nickel alloy generally used for corrosion-resistant disc springs. This material achieves its potency by cold rolling, which magnetizes the disc springs to a certain extent. Consequently, the maximum material thickness for the disc springs is limited to 2.00 mm.
- X 7 CrNiAl 17 7 (DIN 1.4568)
- X 7 CrNiAl 17 7 per DIN 17224 is a precipitation-hardened, corrosion-resistant spring steel. This material achieves it potency via cold rolling and precipitation hardening. In the pliable state, this disc spring corrosion resistant material is highly magnetic and cold working the material further increases the magnetism.
- X 5 Cr Ni Mo 18 10 (DIN 1.4401)
- X 5 Cr Ni Mo 18 10 per DIN 1.4401 is vastly corrosion resistant disc spring material and naturally is unable to be magnetized.
|Application profile||Material Designation||DIN Material Number||Modulus of Elasticity at 20°C (N/mm2)||Max. Material Thickness (mm)||Operating Temperature Range (°C)||Lead Time to Obtain Raw Material||Typical Application|
|X 12 CrNi 17 7 3)
X 7 CrNiAl 17 7
X 5 CrNiMo 18 10
|-150 to 200
-200 to 200
-200 to 200
|Food processing industry, chemical industry|
|1) Material no. 1.8159 also includes 51 CrV 4 2) with hot pre-setting this material may be used at temperatures up to approx 200°C 3) Material no. 1.4310 also includes X10 CrNi 19 9
* typically in stock ** 12-14 weeks, *** 14-16 weeks