Disc Spring Material
Disc spring material is a very important factor when choosing what disc spring to use for your application. A description of our preferred material and the reasons why we use the material we use are outlined below.
Chrome Vanadium Steel
The most commonly used material for our disc springs is a Chrome Vanadium Steel called 51CrV4 because of its high alloy content. It offers the best spring properties in the temperature range of -15 degrees Celsius to 150 degrees Celsius. It has a lower level of relaxation when compared to non-alloy steels.
The benefits of Mubea’s disc springs:
- – Zinc phosphated & oiled for corrosion protection
- – Have tight raw material specifications
- – Increased fatigue life due to fine blanking
- – Low set-loss in application due to 100% pre-setting
- – Defined production process
- – Produced to DIN 2093 standards
- – ISO/TS 16949 certified manufacturer